Friday, September 7, 2007

Working for the weekend.

My personal inspiration for getting through today:

1) Tomorrow, I am finally getting myself to a record store. Am expecting to become totally overstimulated and spend way too much money. And then I am roaming the city. My adventures to be updated next week...

2) Christian Bale. Cowboys. What's not to love? (Am I the only one who is freaking out a little waiting for the new Batman movie?)

3) Farm Aid has always been one of my favorite organizations because they support individual people so essential to this country. We've forgotten where our food comes from. And how better to spread the word than to use music? This weekend they host their concert in NYC.

4) If you've been reading my blog, you've seen how much I love Charles Vess. Well, he's here on Monday, (*little dance to myself*) so I have something to look forward going back into the week.

3 comments:

Jeremy Ryan Carr said...

3:10 to Yuma looks awesome. I am glad to see a real western coming out of Hollywood again. The last one worth any consideration was Unforgiven and that was way back in 1992.
Also the next Batman movie has me in a tizzy. I follow the spy photos and teaser trailers like a teen girl from the 80's followed the Corys in Tiger Beat.
Finally, Farm Aid is all fine and good but we also need a new Farm Bill to pass through congress that rewards farmers for growing food that is nutritious versus caloric, less food imports from China, and more protection of farmland from suburban housing developers.

Jeremy Ryan Carr said...

Ooh I was wrong! Tombstone was very good as well but that was still 1993.

*mara* said...

re #1. i know! it's about time they do a real western. therre better not be a crappy love story intertwined.

re #2. i have reverted to my 13-year-old crush, hanging rugged pictures of christian bale on my mirror, even enjoying the horrid photos of heath ledger, hoping that maybe this time they'll be a little more true to the unbelievably amazing miller story.

re #3. you gotta start somewhere, support something, before becoming overwhelmed by the entire problem.