Tuesday, September 18, 2007

play with your hands

distraction.distraction.distraction.
i've been on an odd technology/diy/design/make it with your own two hands kinda kick for the past brief while. in my head those things all go together in some way or another.
herein follows a random list of craziness:

at work while searching for a decent photo release form, i came across lifehacker, a plethora of technologically relevant information so gi-normous that to absorb every tip given, you would have to live your entire life on the puter.

and then i met clocky, the mechanical counterpart to my personality: sleepy, cute, and squirmy. he ingeniously runs away and starts incessantly beeping when you try to snooze him more than once. he's the soulmate for someone who doesn't even realize she's hitting her alarm clock any more.


note to others: whenever you are considering purchasing anything for me, this, along with a wide angle lens, is what i want. (i am shameless.)

and yet another find, thanks to my dad's crazy connections, is the neat design blog core 77. i plan to build myself a light tent , after which i will stand with one foot on top of the kitchen table and declare myself some sort of conqueror.

on top of this, i've also been strangely drawn to a lot of dj-mixed music, recently in particular the genius of MSTRKRFT. their remix of block party's two more years is brilliantly danceable.

my life has become a series of blips and bleeps.

2 comments:

Jeremy Ryan Carr said...

Have you been to Instructables yet? I see that your light tent page links to it. It is awesome. Also do you subscribe to either Make Magazine or Craft Magazine?

jo said...

Oooooo, I saw that alarm clock in SkyMall.