Sunday, September 2, 2007

A good week overall.

Musically, i've come across a lot this week. Been listening to some old cds pulled out while moving, and some new things, thanks to derek's links that he sent me. Here's a little list:

Satisfact-I bought their self-titled a long time ago in college. "Demonstration" is my favorite. "I'm in a bad way" is also a good song. Although no longer together, they were the pre-cursor to the dance-oriented indie music, though a great deal more dissonant.

Black Lips-(see previous post)

The Spits-Old fashioned (punk, that is) and just as sweet as candy corn.

Jamie T (above post)-listen to "Salvador," the opening wail reminds me a lot of jonathan richman. unfortunately couldn't find the video for it, so i gave you the gem above.

The Panthers

MSTRKRFT-awesome dance music out of canada. love their remix of the panther's "thank me with your hands"

new Interpol-they're dirty, and make me ashamed of myself, but i love them

Elvis Perkins-"While you were sleeping"-in the vein of Mason Jennings

More to follow...

1 comment:

M said...

es nezinu kaapeec, bet pashlaik tik-tik-tikai klausos hip-hopu. ; )