Thursday, October 22, 2009

yellow and grey.

grey skies tend to bring about sentimentality.
i feel good in my small black leather jacket and large fluffy scarf, cat eyes peering at what's going on in the street outside. have been romanticizing the past lately, dreams of a-line skirts and white gloves, though the present is always present in the way you look at me. taking a unmarked cd out of one of the cars to find that my sister's taste coincides for brief moments, flashes of thought patterns tied to song. surprised that i am enjoying the cold weather, if only the joy that it brings about huddling over steaming cups of hot chocolate and warm puppies curled up at the foot of your bed. you scrunch your shoulders up when you are excited, just like you do when you are cold, and i find myself mimicking the way you do, paying homage to my wish to absorb you.
i'll knit you a scarf and for myself a large beret to go with my newly found fall joy. perhaps too, there will be a golden afghan to envelop the both of us.

No comments: