Tuesday, November 11, 2008

literary merit.


i want my sister to write a novel.
in our adult lives i've always fancied her a david sedaris type long before we knew how to name the david sedaris type. she has an extraordinary way of putting things and through her words you often get to relive moments, albeit fleshed out and somehow infused with just the right amount of self-deprecating hilarity. (i wonder what she fancies me as. a towering giant who always was controlled by the elder sibling gene? or a protective companion? or even (ideally, i must admit) a twin separated by five years, ala gilmore girls, complete with witty banter expressed at a fast clip.)

from January 7 2003:
"yesterday for show and tell in lit class i showed two different views of our relationship when we were little: the video when you know you are being filmed and call me "your royalness" and ask if you can get me anything before flashing a big smile at the camera, and then the one when you hit me over the head with an egg. my teacher was quite pleased."

i will leave the comments section open for petition from others who agree that maija could provide more than sufficient documentation.

3 comments:

M said...

i'm not sure a picture of me dancing in a human sized cage is quite suitable for (even the back flap) of a book cover.

D-£ said...

Oh the contrary it shows that you are in touch with the common people.

And yes, maija should write a book but only if she mentions me in the dedication. :)

M said...

more new blogs please, seestor.