Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lost and Found.

Talk of a party a couple of weeks ago prompted me to visit one of my favorite places in Hendersonville--the Hospice thrift store on Main Street. They have been good to me before: in the winter I found a long fake fur collared wool coat, which makes me look something of a 50s queen, for 8 dollars. The idea of this party was to be a bad coed dance, the term "prom" was bantered about, and I wanted to be prepared with the most beautiful awful looking dress (cause, you know, whenever girls dress up to look badly they secretly want to look great). In addition, I had signed myself up to DJ this event, so I needed something light so I could move around and dance. Unfortunately, due to laziness or perhaps some other factor, the dance idea was shot down and instead replaced by a pot luck (say what?), but mark my words, this dress will see the light of day.

long-sleeved but light, boxy shape, if not for the matching belt.

detail of the shimmery snake-like print

collar detail, slight slit at the neck (this picture is more accurate of the color than the first)

oh, and bonus! I found a nightgown in the exact same fabric as the one i bought in San Diego in '99. nice and light, with some interesting glass buttons.

No comments: