Friday, March 7, 2008

a rainy day.


today was the perfect day for hot coffee and reading curled up in blankets. the fog rolled in around noontime and hung thick, barely above the ground. as night fell, porch lights distorted into free-glowing orbs and rain began to fall, laying out a carpet of grass, wet and green.
my favorite weather is warm rain. it is the one time that i truly feel like the heavens open up and envelop me. tonight, taking a moment, i laid down in the grass and let the drops fall on my closed eyes.

the morning began early, at a smoky club called the grey eagle in asheville. despite being ready to fall asleep at about 6pm Thursday night, I trudged on right through drawing, and gained enough momentum to go to the felice brothers show.

let me tell you, kids, you have not seen passionate and true american balladry like this since the seventies. i hadn't heard a single song, as i went to the show on a name and a hunch, but this performance sealed the felice brothers a top spot in my heart.

it's been a long time since i've stayed out this late, or since i've been to several shows in one week. all i have to say is,
look out world.

No comments: