Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year.


So, it is a new year.

I've always wondered whether my last year before turning 30 would play out like a 90s sitcom, lead character fretting about accomplishing everything on her "list" before the crows feet set in as the clock strikes midnight. Those shows always had the odd foreboding that once one officially moved into another decade of life, doors of opportunity would close and the "list" would be doomed to gather dust in the back of the closet. I've never really felt the same push. In fact, my thinking has been positively geared to the thirtysomething decade since sometime around my last birthday, since, honestly, how much does a 28-year-old have in common with a 21-year-old?

though i do have what i would call "urges to action."

This year, rather than set resolutions, I feel like just honoring myself and my instincts in general. Exploring things that interest and intrigue me, without giving them a timeline. And to give in less to our consumer culture which dictates what we should and shouldn't do, like and shouldn't like according to what the market looks like that season.

Oh, the drama.

No comments: