Friday, October 19, 2007

the long drive home.

i clench my fists when i hold the steering wheel. sometimes, on long drives, my knuckles turn white and my hands ache for hours.
mason jennings and i keep missing each other. despite the fact that i have tried to see him numerous times, something has always gotten in the way. tonight i drove to asheville, having known about the show for some time, and shocked to find it sold out. in north carolina! humbled, i drove home, (stopping at target), clenching the wheel, waiting for there to be a next time.

i'm hoping for there to be a next time. i believe in next times.

4 comments:

jo said...

Mara, this is beautiful! And, despite the fact that you wrote it from and about North Carolina, made me of course think of and miss Minnesota. xx

*mara* said...

sometimes, i feel like my heart is made of fry bread and wild rice.

M said...

amazing.

marcuso ramon said...

This made me smile. I haven't thought of NC in awhile. Thank you.